Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our website. The ASEAN-Japan Centre (hereafter “the Centre”) assumes that the users of this website (“user” or “you” hereafter) are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use.
The Centre may change the terms and conditions from time to time by updating this page without prior notice. The users are advised to check this page from time to time to ensure that you are updated with any changes.
1. Website Management
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
2. Prohibited Actions
In addition to the items prohibited under other articles of the terms and conditions of this website, the users are prohibited from the following actions:
(1) To violate copyright, privacy, property rights and other rights of other users, the third-party, the Centre or relevant parties of the Centre.
(2) To cause damages to other users, third-parties, the Centre or the contractors, which the Centre consigned business activities (“contractors” hereafter).
(3) To act against the public order and morals, act and codes.
(4) To provide false information when using this website.
(5) To abuse email address, names and other personal information obtained from the website.
(6) To use this website for commercial or profit-oriented purpose.
(7) To inhibit smooth running of this website and/or to hinder smooth supply of the contents to the users.
4. Liability of the Centre for the Information in its Website
The Centre and its contractors are not held responsible for the matters specified in the following articles regarding the information provided in the Centre’s website.
(1) Users are solely responsible for (and that the Centre and its contractors have no responsibility to the users or to any third party for) any loss or damage caused by information posted in the Centre’s website and by any delay, changes, permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the services which the Centre and its contractors may make. Please note that users are to take advantage of the services at their own risk, complying with legal obligation.
(2) The Centre and its contractors take to protect the users’ personal information to be obtained through its website by utilizing encrypted format. However, the Centre cannot guarantee protections from such cases as information leakage, loss, and improper manipulation by third party. Thus, the Centre and its contractors have no responsibility to the users or to any third party for any loss or damage by such cases as information leakage, loss and improper manipulation by third party.
(3) The Centre and its contractors shall not guarantee its safety, accuracy, certainty, usability, newness, legality, morality, possibility of virus, among others, of its services and information in the Centre’s website and information provided thorough E-mail and so forth by the Centre and its contractors. Thus, the Centre and its contractors have no responsibility to the users or to any third party for any loss or damage by services and information provided in the Centre’s website or through the ways mentioned above.
(4) The Centre and its contractors shall treat personal information provided by the users as contact information, and have no responsibility to the users for any loss or damage caused by the user’s failure to provide the Centre and its contractors with accurate information.
(5) The notation on maps on any publications or websites by the Centre is for illustration purposes only and does not indicate the Centre’s position with respect to the legal status or borders of any country or region.
(1) The copyright, trademark, portrait rights and other rights of all parts of this website are held by the Centre or the contractors unless otherwise stated. The users shall need to respect the right-holders’ rights.
(2) The users shall not use, reprint, reproduce, distribute or modify parts of, or all of the contents and images on this website without permission of the Centre, unless it is for personal use that is allowed within the scope of the Copyright Law.
6. Creation of Link to This Website
The users may create a link to this website, given that a notice will be given to the Centre.
7. Governing Law
The laws of Japan will be applied for the enactment, effect and interpretation of these terms and conditions
8. Court of Jurisdiction
The Tokyo District Court will be the court of first instance for any dispute arising out of the website between the user and the Centre or its contractors.