Position title: PR Officer
Division: Planning & Coordination Office
Duty station: Tokyo, Japan
Salary and other benefits: Between 3.5 million yen and 4.5million yen depending on the work experience and qualification, and commutation allowance, plus social security and health insurance, and payment of termination gratuity.
Annual leave: Annual leave as stipulated in the Staff Rules, plus summer, and end and beginning of the year holidays.
Contractual period: One year with possibility of extension
Commencement of the assignment: As soon as possible or negotiable
Organization setting and reporting: This position is located in the Planning and Coordination Office of the ASEAN-Japan Centre. The Centre has been working to strengthen economic partnership between the ASEAN Member States and Japan in trade, investment and tourism, as well as promoting exchanges of persons between the two parties. The incumbent works under the direct supervision by the Planning and Coordination Officer. Job functions and duties are carried out under the authority of the Secretary-General.
Education: University degree, preferably in public relations or related fields.
Work Experience: At least 4 years’ experience of having worked in PR-related business. Work experience at international organizations is an advantage.
Language: Fluency in English and Japanese. Strong drafting ability in English is preferred. Knowledge of an ASEAN language is an advantage.
Responsibilities: The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Media related PR works
- Drafting and distributing Japanese/English press releases
- Arranging and responding to requests for an interview/ news gathering from the media
- Producing advertorials and tie-up articles with the media
- Clipping media coverages
- Outreach works targeting the general public
- Hosting group visits from various organizations and schools and conducting informative programs introducing ASEAN Member States, ASEAN-Japan relations and the activities of the AJC for them
- Arranging on-site ASEAN lectures at universities and schools in Japan
- Participating in external events and fairs
- Planning and implementing events at the ASEAN-Japan Hall
- Serving as primary point of contact for applications for nominal support by external organizations, and handling necessary procedures for the applications
- Management and maintenance of the AJC’s official website and SNS, including drafting news and messages on a daily basis for SNS
- Production of information materials and tools
- Producing the Centre’s annual brochure and other printed and online information materials/tools
- Managing and maintaining the General Information Corner and the ASEAN-Japan Hall
- Other works related to the Planning and Coordination Office
Other qualification: Be proactive in daily activities and behaviors; possess a visionary and creative mindset; possess the spirit of team work; be supportive to any work assignment; adaptability and interpersonal skills; and organization and IT skills.
How to apply?: Applicants can use any form of application of CV in both English and Japanese to submit to the following by post or email.
Address: Planning & Coordination Office, ASEAN-Japan Centre
1F., Sin Onarimon Bldg., 6-17-19 Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0004 JAPAN
Phone: 03-5402-8308 (Staff in charge: Kuwasaki)
Deadline for application: June 30, 2018
In relation to the requirements of the job opening, applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their qualifications, including their education, work experience, language skills, references and any other relevant information. Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
Assessment: Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by an interview. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process to verify the information provided in the application.
Special note: Extension of the appointment is subject to performance of the incumbent. The Centre does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process, nor concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts. The Centre is committed to the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity for all its human resources, including but not limited to respect for international human rights and humanitarian law.